EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, October 8, 2009

PARIS IN 2010

{{deEiffelturm}} {{frLa tour Eiffel}}Image via Wikipedia


I can't believe that I turned down a trip to Paris with my husband. Does this sound crazy? I hope I made the right decision.

He has meetings in Paris on Oct. 17th and invited me to fly with him and stay while he meets with some CEO's of his company. I jumped at the invitation!

La Pyramide du Musée du Louvre  I.M. Pei

Then....I learned that while we would have the Saturday to fly in and explore, the Sunday was going to include him going to the airport to collect the CEO's. That would reduce it to half a day. Then, he would be moving from Paris to the outskirts of Paris twice; once on Sunday night and again on Monday night. That would take me even further of the city and all of the sights I wanted to visit.

Café de Flore, Saint-Germain-des-Près, Paris: ...

Sadly, I turned the opportunity down, but not before I got a promise that we would make it one of our 2010 destinations. I want time to be with him in the City of Lights when he isn't running from meeting to meeting. I would love to have time to cozy up with him at an outdoor cafe and spend an hour or so sipping expresso while mentally taking the pulse of this exciting city. I'd like to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower with him--at night. I've been to Paris, I've seen the Louvre and floated down the Seine in the glass bottomed boats, but my hubby hasn't. I want to experience it with him on his first trip to Paris.

Wonder if I did the right thing?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Go with your gut! And start planning your trip but don't go on Ryanair they suck!!

Expats Again said...

Thanks for the tip!