EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I HEART YORK II

I chose the very wrong time to blog today as we are due to check-out of our hotel in less than 20 minutes. But there were a quite a few photos of Yorkshire that I haven't been able to post, so I thought I'd drop a few more on the site for you.
Like Munich, but not as popular, people do cycle around England. But no one does it better than Germany. They have the bike paths nearly everywhere and whole families set out to bike on the weekends. In Munich, nearly everyone bikes to the train station or to work. It is just too congested to deal with traffic.

Aptly named, this eatery was called "The Blue Bicycle," hence the blue bike resting against it's front window. We didn't eat here,but all of the guidebooks highly recommend it.



Most all of the lamp posts were this decorative and at night helped to add to the atmosphere. You really get a sense of what it would have been like to stroll down the narrow streets and alleyways in the 1800's. The city of York is truly a magical place to visit.


No comments: