EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, October 4, 2009

74 YEAR-OLD ACCOMPLISHES THE UNBELIEVABLE!

If you live in Germany, you probably already know this, but a 74 year-old man just swam the Strait of Gibraltar. He lives in Lower Saxony and he swam 18.5 kilometers on Saturday. It took him four hours and nine minutes to swim the whole distance. There are only about 300 people who have managed to swim the strait that separates Great Britain from Spain.

He said it was cold, but didn't have any other problems. Cold? Do ya think? I'm much younger and you wouldn't see me wading around in September with water temperatures of 16 to 18 C.

He trained for 2 years to swim and dealt with an injury that made him wait longer than expected before attempting his feat.

Congratulations! This is a remarkable achievement for any one of any age, but more so since he is 74! It gives us men and women something to ponder.

Age, it appears, is no handicap when it comes to living a fit lifestyle. Now....where are my goggles and fins?

No comments: