EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lake Constance (The Bodensee)

Here they are posing for their photo in front of the Swiss Alps. A rose between two thorns!


Today was an amazing day! We couldn't believe our luck as the weather held out for us and the gods blessed us with a picture perfect climate and the most unreal scenery. Today was our trip to Lake Constance with Jaci and Uncle Fred. As you can see from the photo above, we were treated to the splendor of the Swiss Alps and the crystalline azure waters of the Bodensee.



I forgot my Canon (I know! Sacriledge! Phew!), so you will have to suffer through with my I-phone photos. They aren't as clear or as detailed, but I think you will get an idea of the beauty we were able to witness today.

These peach colored roses were from a rose tree that stood a good eight feet high. The scent was sweet and intoxicating. The roses covered every inch of the tree. Lake Constance (The Bodensee) has roses in abundance of nearly every variety and shape one could possibly imagine!

Yeah, I know. Hard to take, isn't it? I tell you, I could just find a park bench, plop myself down, and stare out at the Alpine beauty all day. It is one of my favorite parts of Bavaria and I don't think I will ever tire of it's beauty.

This is the harbor at Lindau, overlooking Lake Constance. It was taken from the pier near a lighthouse out in the harbor while looking back at the village. Fred, Jaci, Steve and I walked out to the pier and spent time breathing the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine.

Lake Constance is part German and part Swiss. You can go by catamaran across the lake or you could get a sailboat like one of these. It is sixty miles long and to go around the whole lake would take three days!

Here is Uncle Fred at a lakeside restaurant deciding what kind of soup he would like for his afternoon meal. Since the dishes are all written in German, the waiter kindly brought a bowl over for him to inspect. Guess he made the right choice--it was all gone!








No comments: