EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, November 28, 2010

WELCOME L.T.


I am due to go back to Munich, Tuesday, after a long 6 week stay in the U.S. I was concerned that my niece would be induced, as scheduled, on Wednesday and I would miss the birth of her son.  But he decided to be a gentleman and come sooner so his Auntie Chris could meet him in person.


These photos were taken just moments after his birth at 9:30 am this morning.  He was 9 lbs and 9 oz and was 22 and three-quarter inches long.  Such a tired little boy and mommy was tired too, but she was also extremely happy to have delivered her son.


She went into labor yesterday around 3:45 pm and her mom (my only sister) and I took her to the hospital only to learn that she was 1 cm dilated. So, we decided to take her Christmas shopping and we walked the stores for four hours.  When we started, her contractions were 20 mins. apart. When we took her home after shopping, they were 8 minutes apart.  At 4:30 am this morning she was admitted and had dilated to 8 cm.  It took 5 more hours to deliver, but it was worth it.


Baby, mother & father are all doing well.  Like them, my sister and I could use some more sleep.  It's been quite a while since we've pulled an all-nighter like this and we're heading home for a long nap.


Thanks, Sis, for allowing me to be a part of your family's joyous day!  Our Ashley did well and now you have a beautiful, healthy grandson to dote on.  I look forward to my next trip to Florida and spoiling him too. I love you sis.

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

So happy that you were there to share in the moment!!!

G in Berlin said...

Congratulations to you all. And safe trip back.