EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

From This Side of the Pond: Q and A-Volume 2 and actually this is just the Q.

joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com.jpg
     
    


      I am linking up with Joyce from "This Side of the Pond," in order to participate in her "Wednesday Hodgepodge," with the best intention of making it a regular part of this blog.  She is a repatriated American blogger who has delighted me with her wit and wisdom ever since I found her in the blogosphere.  She has taken on the daunting task of designing 7 questions each week for those who are linking up with her to answer her queries every Wednesday.  


Since this is my first week, I will apologize in advance for missing Volume 1.  (Sorry, Joyce).  


Well, here goes!

From This Side of the Pond: Q and A-Volume 2 and actually this is just the Q


1. What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?


     Answer:  Not sure it qualifies, but an earthquake woke us up once in Jakarta, Indonesia.  Having never experienced an earthquake, we made an awful decision to take an elevator down to the lobby of the hotel where we were staying.  Bad decision.  Not because the elevator stopped, but because I forgot a robe and was immodestly dressed in my tiny nightgown in a Muslim country.  My bad.

We survived the earthquake, but not the humiliation.

2. What is a sound or noise you love?

     Answer:  I love hearing the sound of my husband sleeping next to me and I miss it when he or I travel and I sleep alone.  It takes me hours to fall asleep when we are separated.

3. Do you like seafood? What's your favorite seafood dish?

     Answer:  I crave seafood often and don't have nearly enough in my diet.  A particular traditional dish our family makes at Thanksgiving, called oyster dressing, is my favorite.  It has been handed down from my maternal grandmother, to my mother, to me, and now to my sons.  It is delicious.

4. What part of your day requires the most patience?

     Answer:  What an interesting question!  Now that I'm retired, I sure have a lot more patience than I ever have had, but I still find that mornings are quasi-stressful.  So, I have changed my morning beauty ritual!  It now includes a minimal dab of tinted moisturizer, a quick brush of blush, and a swipe for the increasingly nonexistent eyebrows.  Life is so much more than makeup!

5. What's your favorite shade of blue?

     Answer: Not that I would welcome it, but the police strobe blue is very arresting (no pun intended).

6. Do people underestimate you?

      Answer:  My goodness this question is something I have never thought of!  I guess I would have to say, that people don't underestimate me; otherwise, I'm sure it would have occurred to me at some point that they did, right? 

7. When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?

     Answer:  A very long time ago.  I don't get nervous and I've got a terribly thick skin.  I am not easily intimidated.

8. Insert your own random thought here, and remember...I have a wooden spoon and I'm not afraid to use it

    Random thought:  My mother had a wooden spoon too--she took a magic marker and wrote on the handle, "The Persuader."  It worked!  

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I think my daughter worked out the button kinks.

I love oysters but have never had oyster stuffing...I always think I'll try it some year but its hard to break our traditional stuffing habit : )

Love the spoon!