EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE


Time again to participate in Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce From the Other Side of the Pond.  Here we go:

1. If you had known what they knew then, would youhave boarded the Mayflower?
    Answer:  It would have taken about three seconds for me to think about that one; not on your life!

2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?
    Answer:  I guess Cruise ships don't qualify as boats, do they?  Well, in that case, I used to go walleye fishing with the family on a boat in Lake Erie and ride the ferry from Sandusky, OH to Putt-in-Bay.  Good thing I did too.  Met my Aussie hubby there!



3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
    Answer:  We are the United Nations of families.  Husband Australian, daughter-in-law Jordanian, and another daughter-in-law from Uruguay. It's a real "Hodgepodge," no pun intended. I think we are slowly assimilating our new family traditions to accommodate everyone, primarily in the kinds of dishes we serve.  It's very international.


4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?
     Answer:  I left my husband to fend for himself in Munich, Germany where we now live.  I am here in the states and leave my immediate family tomorrow to head to sunny Florida to be with my sister and her family for Thanksgiving.  My niece is due to deliver her second child this week.  Who knows!  We may have a new baby boy on Turkey day.
      The one side dish we cannot do without is my grandmother's  home made German noodle recipe.  It's a must every year.

Yes, I know it goes against all I believe in to ask for 'just one', but I made up for it by asking three questions here.

5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....
     Answer: Yep!  When my 13 yr. old son tried to light the Weber barbecue with gasoline and the flames traveled back from the coals to the can of gas in his hand.  (To this day, I don't know what possessed him to start the grill with gasoline.)  He threw the flaming gas can under the car in a garage filled with paint cans and thinner.  


6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.
     Answer: Moving to China.

7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite?
      Answer: Of those mentioned, mashed, but of course!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
   
     Answer: I hope that tomorrow, during my pat down at the airport, no one tries to "touch my junk."  :-D

7 comments:

Joyce said...

ha-good luck with that pat down!

My dad used to light the grill with gasoline sometimes...we thought it was nuts but he did it if there was no lighter fluid.

Hope the baby arrives while you're in town...Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I hope your "junk" is left alone, too. While I appreciate feeling more secure, I'm not sure being felt up is what I have in mind! Hope you have a safe trip!

Thena said...

Interesting answers. #8 made me laugh so hopefully it all goes uneventful.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Cathy said...

It sounds like you have been all over the world. Your story of your son and the grill made me laugh. I would imagine the fire extinguisher would not have put it out.
So nice to meet you. I'll be back.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I don't see why cruise ships wouldn't qualify as "boats." I certainly counted my cruises as boat travels!!

Travel safely. The weather down here in Florida is amazing!!! Enjoy, and pack your lightweight stuff!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog! I love the picture in your header!

Mocha with Linda said...

#5 made me gasp! And love #8. Have a safe trip and a great Thanksgiving!

translation companies said...

Well, as for me, I have never used a fire extinguisher. I wanted to try one but I guess I am scared of the sound it will make. So many crazy questions with so many crazy answers as well. It makes laugh a bit. Cool questions indeed needed cool answers!