Time again to participate in Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce From the Other Side of the Pond. Here we go:
1. If you had known what they knew then, would youhave boarded the Mayflower?
Answer: It would have taken about three seconds for me to think about that one; not on your life!
2. How far have you traveled on a boat and how do you feel about boats in general?
Answer: I guess Cruise ships don't qualify as boats, do they? Well, in that case, I used to go walleye fishing with the family on a boat in Lake Erie and ride the ferry from Sandusky, OH to Putt-in-Bay. Good thing I did too. Met my Aussie hubby there!
3. What traditions have you kept, acquired thru marriage, and/or tossed? If you're single what are some of your family's favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
Answer: We are the United Nations of families. Husband Australian, daughter-in-law Jordanian, and another daughter-in-law from Uruguay. It's a real "Hodgepodge," no pun intended. I think we are slowly assimilating our new family traditions to accommodate everyone, primarily in the kinds of dishes we serve. It's very international.
4. What time is dinner and how many will be round your table? And what is the one side dish you cannot do without on Thanksgiving day?
Answer: I left my husband to fend for himself in Munich, Germany where we now live. I am here in the states and leave my immediate family tomorrow to head to sunny Florida to be with my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. My niece is due to deliver her second child this week. Who knows! We may have a new baby boy on Turkey day.
The one side dish we cannot do without is my grandmother's home made German noodle recipe. It's a must every year.
Yes, I know it goes against all I believe in to ask for 'just one', but I made up for it by asking three questions here.
5. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher? Do tell....
Answer: Yep! When my 13 yr. old son tried to light the Weber barbecue with gasoline and the flames traveled back from the coals to the can of gas in his hand. (To this day, I don't know what possessed him to start the grill with gasoline.) He threw the flaming gas can under the car in a garage filled with paint cans and thinner.
6. Tell about a situation that caused you dreadful trepidation and feet dragging, only to realize later it was a true blessing.
Answer: Moving to China.
7. Baked, sweet, mashed, hash browned or french fried...which one's your favorite?
Answer: Of those mentioned, mashed, but of course!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Answer: I hope that tomorrow, during my pat down at the airport, no one tries to "touch my junk." :-D