EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WELCOME FUTURE FOLLOWER!



Your readership is very important to me.  My blog is continually in a process of change and your comments are a big reason.  Initially,  it was intended to be a record of our move to Munich.  My husband, an Aussie, and I, an American, are adjusting to the new Bavarian culture here in Germany.  However, it has morphed to a place where my photography and our travels throughout Europe and the world are also  being cataloged. After one year in Germany, life is beginning to become familiar, although, at any moment in time we can sharply be brought back to the reality that we are really aliens in this country and still have a lot to learn.  On these days, my posts become a way to express confusion, frustration, and sometimes hilarity at the surprises life throws our way. 

In addition, every Wednesday I step entirely out of my comfort zone, so to say, to include a weekly entry titled, "Pour Your Heart Out, " where I attempt to share what is on my mind that week, that day, or that minute.  From time to time I add posts about current events, recipes, art, and really, just about anything that interests me. 

What you think about what I have to say gives me the direction I need to go with this.  I am constantly amazed at the variety of responses and often a reader will comment on an aspect of something I have never considered.  Furthermore, I have learned so much from my readers about life here in Germany, places we should consider to visit, recommendations, and shared experiences.  

I want to get to know each of you and what is important to you.  I visit the blogs of my followers and find I have been enlightened, educated, inspired, and humored by their posts.  Like you, I am finding that people the world over are trying to do the same thing, communicate through the blogosphere.

The world is not as large as it once seemed to be. For me, blogging is a tool of communicating how much more we are alike than we are different.

I hope you take a moment to scroll down to the bottom of this page, on the left-hand side, for a list of current followers and click the "Follow" button so that I, too, can become better acquainted with you.

It is my pleasure to have you visit anytime!  Settle in and stay as long as you wish. 




2 comments:

Jul said...

I agree - reader comments are so useful to gauge what kind of posts are interesting to the world, and which ones are interesting to just me. It's rarely what I expect.

I was sad to learn that I couldn't bring my followers with me when I moved my blog from Blogger to Wordpress. Now I'm starting over again - I have 3 whole followers on the 'new' blog. You're welcome to come over and be #4. :)

Whitney said...

I am so excited to have found you through Shell! This is a great blog, and allows me a little bit of Europe, which is always fantastic :)