EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Es ist Carney's

This is our new home in Munich and all I can say is, "Steve, job well done!" Steve was here three months ago with the realtor and made the decision, without me, to sign the contract. I am so glad he did, as you will see. He did email and Skype me and show me photos, but I didn't realize what a wonderful job he did until I saw it last week myself. I will forever trust in his good judgment.


This is our new address in Munich! I had to laugh after listening to my oldest grandson, Zech, playing Korn all of these years. I think he would see the irony in this street name. Steve and I moved in on Friday, March 27th and it's been boxes, boxes, everywhere since. I think we are finally down to the last ten or so and I can assure you, if they are anything like the last 50 or so, we will just drag them down to storage.l I can't believe I brought things that I should have parted with years ago.
We live in an area called Pasing and it is everything an American could want in a foreign country. Our home is on a cul-de-sac with one other home. Directly across the street is a park with a play yard for small children and a lovely pond. There is a walking path throughout the park that follows the river Wurm. There is another walking path behind our home that meets up with the one in the park and goes on for miles (kilometers) until you reach the Nymphenburg Palace (in a previous post). I have no excuse not to walk or ride my new bike because not only are there plenty of paths, but Munich has bike trails throughout the city with plenty of bike racks to store your bike while you shop, take the train, the bus, or ride the streetcar (trolley) to your destination. Your bike just safely waits for your return!

No comments: