EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, September 21, 2009

MUNICH OR BUST!

My return flight is Wednesday back to Munich. I've already expanded from one suitcase to two for the trip back. No matter how I try to condense, I always end up taking back far more than I brought. I'm not sure how that works, but it's a ridiculous amount of stuff that obviously wasn't that important in Germany since I've done quite well without it for all of these months.

I've been so tempted to toss in my mix master with the pasta maker and bread hook, but it would practically exceed my weight limit alone! I've tossed in Ceylon Tea from our local Mediterranean store, some dried sage for the tea from my daughter-in-law, from Jordan, a backup laptop, lots of Advil, and the gifts from my children for my birthday in August. These items take up one large suitcase by themselves.

I hope the dried sage doesn't resemble anything else that's dried, but illegal!

I've started knitting and crocheting and I've got a stash of yarn skeins to smuggle back and a load of "How To" books. I've got a couple works in progress and I've managed to finish a few projects during my extended stay in the states. Judging by the length of time it took me to complete a couple of beanies and scarves, this new hobby may be more time consuming than surfing the net.

Of course, you can't come back to the states without doing a fair bit of clothes shopping. I've decided to bring the new garments back to Munich, and leave the summer ones behind here in the states. That switcheroo should buy me some valuable real estate in the large suitcase. Hubby's swim fins must go in the case, much to my dismay. But, you never know when you're going to need them--I guess...

Jewelry, camera equipment, books, and new laptop must go in the carry on. There, I think I will have enough room. Despite all of my plans, I know I will come up short. I could always wear the fins if need be.

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Safe travels! Even if you have to pay for the extra weight it's worth it consider the costs here plus the lack of finding the products you need. Go for it in fact buy more it's never enough!

honeypiehorse said...

Wow, Shanghai, now Munich! Exciting lives.