EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Thursday, August 6, 2009

ADDICTED

'CoverCover via Amazon

Cascading lights, faux finishes, exposed brick walls, sleek countertops, window seating, and funky, sassy, prints. Functional, fun, and hot. The adjectives just keep coming. I'm addicted to HGTV.

During my visit back home I've become glued to
Design on a Dime, Designers' Challenge, Color Splash, My First Place, Property Virgins, Spice Up My Kitchen, and Deserving Design, to name a few. Vern Yip and Candace Olsen are now my idols.

From ceiling to floor, makeovers are stealing my time and causing me to lose my beauty sleep. Will it be Art Deco, Country, French Country, Contemporary, Asian, or Victorian? What will the fixtures look like? Brushed nickle, bamboo, wrought iron, or plexiglas? Will they be purchased from a high end retailer, a thrift store, or online? What will the color scheme be? Sage green and cream or butterscotch and cranberry?


Vern YipImage via Wikipedia


I have learned how to wire recessed lights, attach beadboard, hang dry wall, apply mortar, and install light dimmers. I could upolster an end table, a chair, and even a coffee table. Power tools have become less threatening and more friendly. Wall graphics can do amazing things for a room, lending ambiance and sophistication.

Accessories are in a league of their own. You can personalize a room with the proper accessories. Remodeling needs the final touches and finials, chandeliers, candelabras, and area rugs are all accessories that tie the design together.

I haven't found a German HGTV yet and in a way, I hope I don't. I would never leave the living room. Interior design is a passion of mine and viewing spaces being changed is totally addictive. I'd rather wait until I get back to the U.S. to watch these shows. That way I won't be spending thousands at Toom.

Bloomingdale's Book of Home DecoratingImage by nadja.robot via Flickr

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]



A wrought iron railing in Troy, New YorkImage via Wikipedia

No comments: