EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PONDERINGS

Things I have been pondering:

  •      I heard on NPR yesterday about a new feminist movement where women will go back to gardening and  then canning their fruits and vegetables.  Now my mother, rest her soul, would get a chuckle out of this comment.  Isn't it going backwards?

  •      Also on NPR, a school district in Michigan is in dire straits and needs to let many teachers go this upcoming school year.  To make up for the lack of teachers, the administration has decided to purchase a computer software program for all students and have an aide monitor the classroom three days a week and hire teachers part-time for the other two days a week.  My father, a lifelong educator, rest his soul, would turn over in his grave hearing this one. 

  • Why can't someone invent an app that measures your blood pressure while you're on the cell phone?  I know nothing about electronics or how these things operate, but it seems like it would be a great app for people my age.

  • I hate the song, "Love Shack."

  • If Goldman Sachs made an astonishing amount of money when it took "short Positions" on --what some refer to as betting against--the products it was selling them, why can't we do the same?  Perhaps we can all bet that the mortgages we all hold will fail, foreclose, and collect the winning bets!  Why not?  If not, then we should at least be allowed to make bets on the performance of "Synthetic" financial products as the investors did on certain securities without actually owning them.  I just sayin'.....

  • If vaccines do not cause autism, how is it that children who are never vaccinated NEVER GET AUTISM?  Homefirst Health Services in metropolitan Chicago cared for thousands of Amish children in rural Lancaster (30,000-35,000) PA who have never been vaccinated; and they don't have autism.  Explain that!

  • ¡pɐǝɥ ʎɯ ɟo doʇ uo pooʇs ˙sıɥʇ pıp ʇı ʍoɥ ʍouʞ oʇ ǝʞıן pןnoʍ noʎ ʇǝq

No comments: