EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, June 22, 2009

VOILA OU NOUS EN SOMMES!





What is it with shoes, anyway? (Do you like them?)


























Please, tell me now, if I should wear them or not because shoes are very important, you see, to a woman's wardrobe and without the "perfect pair,"... well.... then.... you just aren't well put together then, are you? And if you aren't well put together then.... "Sacre bleu!," I don't know.... the world will fall apart? .....You will be ostracized by the fashionistas of the world? (Does anyone have any real idea who these people are and where they hang out? Because, I for one, would hate to offend them, above all others, with my less than, "put together look.")


Do you think them too absurd or over the top? For they must be the "perfect pair" for being well, you know, shhh...."put together. " They just "must be," because they cost a pretty penny, I can tell you. Ok, just 160 Euros, but then, we're not poor, are we? So why shouldn't I go all out and make my feet, uh... Stylish? Well-heeled? (sorry, I just had to do it.) Unconventional? The embodiment of fashion? The epitome of whatever it is that I must be the epitome of? I guess?


I found these lovelies in Vienna, but of course!

You don't think they'd be sitting around in Dillards, Targets, or Bloomingdales, do you? They are, for heaven's sake, European and you all know what that means, don't you?


Well, for one, it means that they are, undeniably chic. Need you ask any more? I think not my footwear wearing friend! Remember, it is of utmost importance to always be chic and therefore, to be no less than chic . And that my fellow stylish stilleto sister, is tantamount!

Do not be deceived. Oh contraire. Chic is not trendy and;therefore, trendy is not chic. There! Now, are you now much clearer on this significant designer truth? I hope so!

"Mon Dieu!"





Here is another pair that "caught my eye," just today, in fact. They are a bit more than the $160.00 Euros, but hey, who's counting? For just $777.00, you too can have these Manolo Blahniks and then just think of all of the fun you will have









I've recently learned that these pointed beauties have been dubbed, "Witches shoes." Makes sense, doesn't it?

But did you know that Carlos Santana is in the shoe business? He isn't just another talented musician, our guitar slinging crooner. No, he now has a shoe line called "Carlos by Carlos Santana." Clever, isn't it?

I wonder if he knows that these pointed-toe shoes are referred to as, "Witches shoes?"

Afterall, he's the one who cut, "Black Magic Woman."

Now THAT should be my true life's goal...to be a Black Magic Woman. With these babies I could make ,"Boil, boil, toil and trouble," aplenty, don't you reckon?











Really though, value for money, the next pair has stolen my heart. A real bargain at $775.00 and just imagine all of the couture apparrel I can purchase to go along with them? The mind absolutely reels at the unending possibilities. I must drag out my recent issue of Vogue and get busy mixing and matching before someone else does it first. I would just die if I wasn't first, well, maybe not die really, but I would stomp my Manolo Blahniks, that's for sure.





















I'm going to leave you dear readers with one last thought and one last photo of one of my, "have ta haves." The thought is this: Cripe...I've forgotten the thought already! This brings me to my next thought. I turn just shy of (ahem..ahem...), I cannot even force it out of myself to tell you what age I will turn soon. Most of you who read my blog already know what age I will be in August and anyone else who is reading will just have to guess. Back to my second point,

I'm not a teenager. For Blahnik's sake, I'm not in my 30's or 40's anymore! Yet, I, like so many women my age are succombing to all kinds of Black Magic just so we can look "put together."

I know you're one of them. l know you can fool some of the people some of the time, but I am certain that these shoes, price be damned, have your name on them too. C'mon, admit it. You are just as vain as I am and you wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of Eccos, Clarks, Birkenstocks, Easy Spirits, or Borns, now would you? The body shudders to even think such a thought. You know I love you. Would I ever steer you wrong?

Oh, and the real meaning of "VOILA OU NOUS EN SOMMES!" I'll just let you try my latest language translater tool: http://www.leo.org/ and find out for yourself...... you diva you.



































No comments: