EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Other Neighbors

We would like to introduce our other neighbors to you. Meet the Swans. Mr. and Mrs. Swan have just hatched six little cygnets.

They live just under a mile from us at the Landweidersee (lake) in Munich. Not only are they their parents' pride and joy, but they bring hours of amusement to the locals here in Munich.















Uncle Fred and Jaci went with us to the Landweidersee and we packed a picnic lunch and decided to eat it at a picnic table lakeside in the beer garden. Afterwards, we took a stroll around the lake and met the Swans.

First, I saw the mother swan and her cynets coming towards the side of the lake. I sat down on the grass at the edge with my camera. I'm sure they thought I had some treat in hand because they came right up to the side of the lake and stood right before me on the beach.



Here they are, all six fluffy little swans ready to accept any tiny morsels that the beach goers want to toss their way. They are adorable. We can't wait to watch them grow up!






















No comments: