EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, September 12, 2010

A WOMAN'S WORK IS NEVER DONE.


Is this your mother's kitchen, your grandmother's kitchen, or your great-grandmother's kitchen?




A German kitchen has changed over the decades.




Perhaps you recall some of the appliances, implements, or furniture?  That baby's highchair might ring a bell?




This kitchen brings back memories of the kitchen's of the 60's when avocado green and orange were all the rage.




This rustic kitchen would have looked quite at home during the early pioneer days of my American forefathers.




This one is unmistakably Bavarian.






Stoves like the one on the left are still found in Germany today.




I especially like the plate shelves, small windows, and country baskets.  Spinning wheel, not so much.  I love shopping for my yarn--not making it.



3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love love love the yellow hutch thing in the first photo!

swenglishexpat said...

Very interesting series of images. All the interiors have their individual charm. And not an IKEA item anywhere! ;-)

Rachel Cotterill said...

Great pictures - a little piece of history :)