EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Balkan Bankya and Mojitos!





This is Sofia, Bulgaria where Steve and I are going in April for a conference. I happen to know very little about Bulgaria or the Balkans at the moment, but I'm doing some investigative research and I hope to have a list of sights I'd like to see while Steve is immersed in the glass business.
In my limited research, I found a blog entry titled:

Sites, sun and mojitos Sep 16, 2007

I have to say that it was the "mojitos" that caught my eye. I happen to know that any destination that serves great mojitos is one I will thoroughly enjoy!


Bacardi Mojito (say 'mohito,' and enjoy!)
An easy mojito recipe to liven up your evening
:

1.5 oz BACARDI Rum12 fresh spearmint leaves

1/2 lime

7 oz club soda

2 tbsp. simple syrup(or 4 tsp. sugar)

For the smoothest summer cocktails, gently crush mint leaves and lightly squeeze lime in a cool tall glass. Pour sweet syrup to cover and fill glass with ice. Add Bacardi Rum, club soda, and stir your emerging mojito well. Garnish with a lime wedge and a few sprigs of mint.


Next to a good mojito, I'd rate a good spa as the runner-up. I found http://www.discoverbulgaria.com/ and a photo of this idyllic spot:



Here is what www.discoverbulgaria.com has to say about Bankya (above):

"Bankya is situated 17 km away from Sofia. Its mineral waters are suitable for treatment of cardio-vascular diseases, nervous system disturbances and metabolic disturbances. It offers an excellent infrastructure for tourism, recreation and treatment. There are 2 medical centers, hydrothermal pools located in large picturesque park, policlinics with specialized diagnostic equipment, modern sanatoriums, sport terrains, many rest houses and hotels, as well as private lodgings. The beautiful nature, the curative mineral waters, the excellent location and infrastructure make Bankya is a prestigious national and international resort."
Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!






No comments: