EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Sunday, May 17, 2009

"C'mon Baby, Surfin' Safari"



I bet you think this photo was taken on the West coast, California maybe? Knowing that I'm married to an Aussie who spent his youth on the East coast of Australia, I bet you think it's a surfer on Bondi or Coolingata. Go Figure. It's a photo of a surfer right here in Munich on the river Isar! Every warm day in summer has surfers lined up to hang ten on the rivers' waves. It is the strangest sight I've ever seen in the middle of a large city like Munich. People walk along the footpath next to the river and smack dab in the center of the river is this surfing site. If that's not strange enough, the sunbathers come out and lay their blankets in the riverbed where the dry spots are. This all happens right in the middle of the city where people are going about their everyday routines. And all along you thought you'd have to go to a beach to surf. Silly you, you can come here in Munich and surf to your hearts' content!

No comments: