EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday's Hodgepodge

                                         


1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?
I have a bright green blouse with a V-neck and pretty little embroidery around the neck in the same color of green.  It is comfortable and green is one of "my" colors, so I love it.        Unfortunately, we won't be celebrating this year.  Last year a dear expat friend of mine lost her 27 yr. old son after he drove home from a night's celebrating.  It was a horrific accident and his parents have since repatriated back to the states to be with their remaining son who just graduated college.  We are donating to a cause he felt strongly about, a food pantry, and skipping the prerequisite imbibing in alcohol.  I have no regrets on this decision.

2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live?
Ahhh, in München it is the Englisher Garten.  It is a large public park (1.4 sq. miles), bigger than Central Park in New York!  And guess what?  You can surf there!

The Isar River runs through it.
                                                        The Chinese Tower, a biergarden!

3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?

I am fine in the height department.

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?

Insist that you're correct when I have information that says otherwise.  Just because you "say it's so" don't "make it so."

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.)

At the moment, hubby and I are juicing so I am eating TONS of vegetables.  Of this group, my favorite would have to be string beans, if they are fresh.  (No canned or frozen veggies for us anymore.)

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?

I admire Mother Theresa for her selflessness and her willingness to devote her life to helping the less fortunate.



7. Keep Calm and ____________on.
You fill in the blank.  Bless

8. Insert your own random thought here.
As the facts seep out, I am stunned by the soldier that crept out in the middle of the night to slaughter innocent citizens of Afghanistan.  I know this will have to go through all of the channels, but I am afraid they will find him mentally incompetent and he will not have to face the death penalty for his crimes.  How do you feel about this sad turn of events?

10 comments:

Jill said...

I think that's a great way to "not" observe St. Patrick's Day.

I'm heartsick at this latest news. So many of our soldiers give their all and fight and die nobly for what is right. I hate it when one of these few does something that corrupts the collective nature of our brave military.

Betty W said...

You are lucky to live in such a beautiful area.
Nr. 4 drives me crazy too!

Marti said...

I wonder about that soldier, he had so many overseas deployments, and the US base he was from has had investigations because of the docs releasing men for duty without thorough check ups. He must pay for his crimes, especially since there were children killed.
The picture of your park is gorgeous. The water is so clear. Have a good day.

Jocelyn said...

I love your answer to #7! :)

That soldier - I heard about that. That is so sad!

Hope you have a lovely day!

mitchypoo said...

I want to hear more details about the soldier before I have any real thoughts about it, but it's terrible sad for everyone.

Love the pic of the Bier Garten! I'd love to enjoy a stein of beer.

Joyce said...

So sorry for your friend-how awful.

Beautiful pictures of Munich...I love finding beautiful green spaces in big cities. Central Park still amazes-such a contradiction to all that is around it!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures ~ that water is gorgeous.

April said...

So very sorry about the loss of your friend's son...I can't even imagine. I definitely feel that soldier should answer for what he's done. Such a tragedy any way you look at it.

Theresa said...

Germany looks gorgeous! I like to celebrate St. Paddy's Day without alcohol.

Tami said...

This is the first time visiting your blog. I would like to travel to Germany some day. For now, I will enjoy your pictures. :)