EXPATS AGAIN

EXPATS AGAIN! Experiencing other cultures while enriching our global view.

Followers

ME

My photo
Munich, Germany
I am married to the love of my life and am finally able to shower him with all of the attention he deserves. I am now retired and living the life here in Europe. I am an American, he is an Australian, and this is our second overseas address. The first was Shanghai, China and now Munich, Germany. Come along and live the life with us as we continue our adventure of discovering all Europe has to offer.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

IT IS OVER!



It is officially over!  Oktoberfest, that is.  Yesterday was the final day of the 17 day celebration of 200 years of Oktoberfests.  We were there on Saturday and it was fantastic.  The weather was beautiful, the people were festive in the traditional trocken, and the beer was delicious!  Above is a photo I took of our waitress.  Can you imagine carrying all of these beers in one trip!  Actually, they can carry more!!


I took these photos with my i-phone rather than toting my Cannon around.  This one turned out rather well, but I apologize for the quality of some of the others.  You really aren't experiencing true Bavarian life unless you make the pilgrimage to Oktoberfest.  I was hesitant expecting it to be a free-for-all, all out drunk fest, but I was pleased to find out that over the last 200 years, Munich has the organization of this event down to an art.  With a ticket to one of the many beer halls or tents (think gigantic circus type tents), you have no queues, two large beers (Mass), and a chicken dinner with all of the entertainment you would expect.  


Oh, and the hats!  The ridiculous hats.


Credit to "Weird Planet."

Credit to "Weird Planet."

Credit to "Weird Planet"

Well, now that you've seen all of the "pretty people,"  here is our motley crew.  A good time was  had by all.



4 comments:

Joyce said...

Looks like lots of fun to me! I"m coming to Munich in December...meeting up with friends for fun and shopping.

Jul said...

Glad you went and enjoyed it! We hauled our DSLR around a couple days - got some nice pics but boy can it be stressful looking after a big camera in the middle of so much chaos.

Liz Mays said...

I didn't know I wanted to go until I saw all these photos! It looks like a blast!

Unknown said...

Your adventures look like lots of fun!!! I think of Octoberfest every year but have yet to get to experience it.. Ah one day!