It is our first "Fasching" in Munich, but I hear that it is much closer to the Venetian Carnivale than to Germany's Cologne Fasching. Today, Shrove Tuesday, has people all over the city in elaborate costumes. Think Mardi Gras and you have an idea of what is happening here. There are any number of festivities happening in the city building up to this evening which marks the end of the festivities. Thousands will be in the Viktualienmarkt in the city centre to join with the market women singing and dancing among the fruit and vegetable stands. Other places Munchener's can go to "party" are listed here:
Carnival calendar: Parties and balls at a glance
- Celebrate brewery in white in the Max Emanuel. Up 16.2.
- Cologne Carnival party in the Schranne Hall. 11.2 16.2.
- In the Freiheiz Carnival party is every night. 11. 16.2.
- Student Carnival in the Olympiadorf. 11.2 15.2.
- For a good cause in the Bavarian the Ball court. 11.2.
- Carnival party in the Hofbräukeller. 11.2.
- Party of the Feringa Carnival society. 11.2.
- Wohltätigkeitsball of higher society. Bayerischer Hof 12.2.
- Omitted celebrate Carnival in Bavarian broadcasting. 12.2 15.2.
- Ritterspiel and vibrant music in the Löwenbräukeller. 12.2.
- The 1950s come back in the German Theatre. 12.2.
Standardtanz world meets the German Theatre. 13.2.
Ball Waschermadl and Kammerkätzchen
- Munich Redoute in the old Rathaussaal. 13.2.
- Colourful Street Festival at the Laimer anger. 13.2.
- The monthly accommodation-30-party in Carnival mood. 13.2.
- For 21 years: Celebrations with the spider Murphy gang. 13.2.
- The Brazilian Kostümball in the Bavarian court. 13.2.
- Carnival activities in the city. 14. 16.2.
- Gala with romantic Waltz sounds, Deutsches Theater, 14.2.
- Hot Latin American Rythmen in the Bavarian court. 14.2.
- Carnival procession in John churches. 14.2.
- Fideler children Carnival in theatre factory. 14.2.
Brazilian Rosenmontag in the BMW world
- 40 Musicians and dancers, colorful costumes, a thrilling choreography and joie de vivre pure when the Brazilian Carnival at the 15.2. Admission free.
- 80's annual Carnival party in the theatre tent Castle. 15.2.
- Large party Rosenmontag and Shrove Tuesday in the Cosimawellenbad: a närrischer fun awaits visitors with live DJ, games and competitions. 15. 16.2.
- Party of Carnival society Feringa in Unterföhring. 15.2.
- Funky Carnival celebrations in the Park Café. 15.2.
- Carnival party in the Bieder hotels residence hall. 15.2.
- Masked dance in the media culture places Youth Center. 15.2.
- Time travel in the golden age in Rohrer & Brammer. 15.2.
- Celebrations with style: A rustling Ballnacht in the Bavarian court. 15.2.
- The highlight of Munich Carnival. 16.2.
Carnival Straßenfest on the Leopoldstraße. 16.2.
Carnival in the P1
- Colorful Carnival party with confetti in the P1. 16.2.
- The Feringa Carnival society season final. 16.2.
- Party on Shrove Tuesday in the Muffatwerk. 16.2.
- Funny Kinderfaschingssause in the P1. 16.2.
- Before the German oak Hotel celebrates the scene. 16.2.
- Fun with Gerry & Gary in the Park Café. 16.2.